Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Saturday, 9/27/08

A cool Fall day-some color has started-yellows and a little orange. I prepared for a day of rain, but it never happened. I think the Market must be in some sort of protected geographical area this season.
We had a great band of fiddlers, playing, singing and strolling through Market.
Political talk has faded in favor of economic talk. Vendors agree that when the crash comes, the Market will do pretty well. More people than ever will shop locally. Maybe I'll carry pencils and matches as an homage to tales my mother told me of life in the 1930s.



Isn't this a great shot of the bounty of produce from John and Tress at Walnut Ridge Farm.


Natasha Grubdalia, our Russian emigre athlete, shows her form in the pumpkin shot-put event. We expect great things from Tasha at the upcoming Vegetable Olympics competition. Watch the web site for dates.

Emily whipping up crepes at Market.


Four Fabulous Fiddling Fillies.

No comments: