Monday, August 30, 2010

Saturday, August 29, 2010


What a busy day! Happy, hungry visitors strolled around the place, lugging bags of produce while balancing coffee cups and dim sum. Maybe the scene should be commonplace to me by now, but each week it’s still new. Guess that’s what keeps me coming back.

I have been thinking recently that in the 18 years I have been a vendor here, not a week has gone by that I have not met someone new. This week I met a couple who knew all my old haunts at the Jersey Shore from 40 years ago. By the way, the Jersey Shore as presented on the MTV show is exactly as I remember it, big hair and all.

The Market was so busy that I only had time to quickly snap a few pix during rare lulls at my booth. Enjoy. Rara Avis

There's safety under Daddy's shirt.

I just liked the movement in this shot.







Ed Brelsford is a virtuoso. He plays different instruments and sings in several languages.

Ethan, age 2. He's the one on top. Dave is the dad.

This is a great look.

Ben stands resplendent in Safety Yellow.

Young one-man-band, ready to survive in the coming economic meltdown.

Chloe, next to a jar of Russian Tea Cakes, her favorite.

No comments: