Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Midweek Update 3/11/09

Hey, local farmers-there's a new bill in Congressional committee-HR 875-the :"Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009". Check out the bill here. Also, there are several responses from local/organic food advocates-Read one here. I don't know how far this bill will get in the House, and I think its worth noting that the husband of the bill's sponsor works for Monsanto. You'll remember their efforts to stop dairy farmers from advertising BST-free milk, and their gen-modified seed push.

Well, I'm ready for warmer weather. Mud season hit Pine Banks Road like a bomb Sunday. We were unable to get out to the paved road for three days. I guess the town trucks must have taken off together on a merry jaunt to Florida, because I haven't seen one here yet. See you Saturday.
Rara Avis

Trees in snow always look great.

Remember Market last year?


No comments: